Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K Summary; October

October 13 
This week, I was assigned to Paige's blog A Unique Perspective on the Past, Present, and Future. She is a high-school senior. Her blog was about politics.

"This has been the first full month of AP United States Government & Politics, and our class has already covered topics ranging from the Constitution and Declaration of Independence to the conflict in Syria. One of my favorite parts of this class so far is being able learn about the political ideas and institutions that this country was founded on, how those institutions and ideas have changed over time, and how the politics of today will shape the life of tomorrow.
 Before anyone can dive into current political issues, they need to have a firm understanding of the Constitution because it sets up our government and provides laws and rights. In Unit 1, we covered the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and Federalism as well as several famous court cases such as McCulloch vs. Maryland, Gibbons vs. Ogden, etc. All of these topics and court cases were touched upon in my AP United States History class last year, but this time I was able to take my understanding deeper and more closely evaluate elements of each topic. Understanding the purpose and the significance of documents such as the Constitution and Declaration of Independence is essential because they are the basis of American government; therefore, politics today always relate back to them. Being able to read different articles, watch a variety of videos, and post in discussion boards with my classmates allowed me to gain a greater perspective and understanding of the Constitution and how it is still used today.
 I love classes that incorporate current events because it is extremely important to remain informed on what is going on in the country and in the world at the moment, and to learn about how those events relate to our lives and to our country’s current political climate. One of the very first assignments in AP US Government was to evaluate the situation in Syria regarding the United States’ involvement and to use our evaluation to form our opinion of who chooses to go to war in a democracy. The government’s response to Hurricane Katrina was also a topic of discussion during Unit 1, and even though the hurricane took place several years ago it was interesting to watch videos covering the damage and response as well as to hear what my classmates thought about the topic. Staying updated on current political news is an essential part of this class because it encourages myself and my classmates to broaden our perspectives and grow to be more aware of the events taking place around us.
 As a high school senior, I am constantly looking ahead to the future in terms of finding the right college, choosing the best career path for me, and learning new things along the way. AP Government helps me look to the future by stretching my mind to think about possible new laws and policies that would more thoroughly protect certain rights, to consider how the needs of minorities and other groups may change over time, and to think of how the gap between these groups and other Americans can be bridged so that there is no discrepancy of rights among them. AP Government has helped me tremendously to look towards the political future of America creatively as well as critically.
 Even in just the first month of class, I have realized that developing a well-rounded understanding and perspective of the political past, present, and future of the United States is definitely a goal that I plan to work on in AP US Government & Politics this year, and working towards this goal will help me inside and outside of class. I plan on majoring in political science in college and to ultimately become a lawyer, and developing a well-rounded perspective on past, present, and future politics before I leave high school will help me achieve my career goals."

My Comment
Hi! My name is Emma Boren, I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I am currently enrolled in EDM 310. Your blog post was very well written! It looks like you are on the right path. You seem very interested in your education, and I am certain that this will help you in your future. You opened my eyes as to how important it really is to know about our countries history, as well as how important it is to be up to date with what it happening now. Good luck with your future college endeavors, it seems like you will do great!! Here is a link to my blog, feel free to visit it! http://borenemmaedm310.blogspot.com/"

October 20
This week, I was assigned to comment on Bryan's blog, Science Blog

"I learned how to do the flash cards.It was a fun experience doing the flash cards.I learn a lot from the flash cards.It was my first time doing the flash cards. I enjoy doing them.I think doing the flash cards was a interesting thing to do.I think  projects makes science fun and a great subject to be in.You can learn a lot in science if you play attention in class.The funnest project is the flash cards.I think this is going to be the best year in science that I will have.I am looking forward for lots of fun projects this year in science.

My Comment
Hi Bryan! My name is Emma Boren, and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama enrolled in a class called EDM 310. I have to have a blog like you do. I think you did a pretty good job with your blog! Notecards are very effective to me too. I am glad you are excited about your science class this year, that is a great attitude to have! Keep up the good work. Feel free to visit my blog anytime you want My Blog

October 27
This week I commented on Reety's blog; My Hero is my Mom.

"To  me  a   hero  is  a  person  who  is  right  beside  you  for  a   rescue.  My hero is my mom.  She saves me all the time. She is the best hero you could ever have. She always save’s me from bad trouble. When my brother hits  me she says “no honey, that is not  right  for you to do to your best and  biggest  sister.”  And when something  is  hard for me to do  she  help’s  me out. When something  is wrong and my face is up side  down she fixes it and hides my frown away. When she sees some one bullying  me she came over and said, “She is a  hero because she always is right beside me for a  rescue  and  make’s  me  feel  safe  all  the  time . Now  you  see  she is  the  best  hero  you  and  I  could  ever  have.  I will never change  my choice never ever.    She  is  wonderful  she  is  great  she is my hero see she is  my  awesome  hero now she is the best   hero  ever  in the  hole  wide world.  I love  her so  much.  You  can never ever have a hero like my hero.   She is the best hero ever."

My Comment
My comment has not been approved yet, but I believe I told Reety that my hero is my mom too! She is always there for me no matter what, and there is no better hero to have!

November 3
This week, I commented on Harley H.'s blog; Jack-o-lantern.

"Do you like carving jack – o lantern or pumpkins if you do let me tell you some things why I like carving pumpkins.i like carving pumpkins because if your parents let you you can stick your hand and get all of the . How to make a jack -o lantern first you get a pumpkin than draw a face on it and then cut it out with a carving knife and than on Halloween put a candle in it."

My Comment
Hey Harley! My name is Emma Boren, I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I always loved carving pumpkins when I was a kid! I liked to pick out all the gooey insides and the seeds. Then, I liked to pick out a face to carve in it and light it on Halloween. It was a lot of fun, and I am glad you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment